Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spring Sports

Yesterday was opening day for spring soccer and baseball.  It was a very early start for us - the baseball parade began at 8:30am, and we had to have all 3 kids ready for the entire day by 8am.  I am not a morning person and neither are my kids.  Alex was very excited to have his very first soccer game. He even volunteered to be the goalie! He did great and only allowed one goal and his team won!


Before game practice



 Drew on the other hand was extremely nervous about playing baseball for the 1st time. He seems to have fun at practice, and he has been practicing outside with Andy whenever they get a chance. He was worried he would strike out or not catch the ball, or know where to throw the ball if he did catch it (which I told him all of which would probably happen but it was no big deal). I didn't get to see much of his game, but he got walked twice and stole 2nd base!  He was much happier and I think relieved to be done with his 1st game, which his team won. I hope he gains some confidence and has more fun at his next game! What a coincidence he's on the Twins team - he is a twin, he was born in Minneapolis, and I even worked for the Twins (very briefly)!



Twins team at the parade

Start of the parade - it was about 45 degrees and Alex was in shorts!

No comments: