Monday, October 28, 2013

Soccer

Saturday morning was the last soccer game, and I have to say I'm a bit happy it's over for the season.  This  last week it was really cold so the practices were cancelled, and it was quite chilly at the games as well, especially Drew's game, which was at 8:30 am. He was supposed to be there at 8:15am, which is earlier than we leave for school. I know people want to get the soccer games over with so they can do other things on Saturday, but that seems just a bit too early for me. I will be thrilled to have the next few Saturdays to sleep in - first time in 8 weeks! They both want to play soccer in the spring, and maybe Alex as well, but until then I'll enjoy the break on Saturday mornings.

The Homewood-Flossmoor soccer club gives all the kids who participate soccer trophies.  Faye was very excited to have her very first trophy. I find it a bit strange that they give every kid a trophy.  The boys won 2nd place in the pumpkin cup, played very hard all day long(9am-almost 3pm), and got a small little medal. Then at the end of the season they give everyone a trophy. It seems a little backwards, but I'm sure they have a reason.




No comments: