Wednesday, January 9, 2013

American Girl - Saige

Faye saved up her birthday, Christmas, and tooth fairy money and bought her very own American Girl doll.  We took the train to Millennium Station on Saturday, and since it was so nice, we walked the rest of the way to Water Tower Place.  We spent a lot of time looking at all the dolls, clothes and accessories, before Faye decided she wanted Saige.  Saige is the new girl of the year...


She has curly auburn hair, freckles, and earrings!


Of course she needed some pj's, so we got her this pretty white nightgown with blue slippers...



I looked through my sewing books and found a dress pattern for an 18" doll, from Oliver & S little things to sew. It is the tea party doll dress.  Faye looked through my fabric scraps and picked out this blue corduroy and green madras, and I quickly sewed up my very first doll dress.






It was very simple and quick  - I think Saige will have many clothes very soon.  Faye is asking me to make a coat.  I will have to think about that one.  Coats can be tricky to sew! 

2 comments: