Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wallpaper

At least half if not more of our house is wallpapered.  Some of it could even date back to the 60's.  I sometimes feel like we've stepped back in time, living in this house with everything so dated, and Andy off at work while I'm at home cooking and cleaning.

The powder room bathroom may have the newest wallpaper, but it is my(and Andy's) least favorite.  We also need to redo the floor because someone had the bright idea to put carpet in the bathroom and it stinks! They also didn't even bother to attach the carpet to anything so it moves around.  Wallpaper removal first...




I worked for about two hours to get this small section of wallpaper removed.  It came off fairly easy.  I score the paper with a wallpaper scoring tool, then soak the wall with a mixture of fabric softener and warm water.  Then I drink some coffee and wait a bit, scrape it off, and start all over again.


Did I mention that they also wallpapered the ceiling? I'm saving that part for Andy because I'm nice like that.  In about a month(hopefully) I should be finished and I'll post some new photos.

No comments: