Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The night before...





Tomorrow morning is sure to be a busy time, so I had all the kids, Velvet too, try on their costumes and pack their backpacks.  Drew could not decide what to be this year, so he is going as Mario again.  He's grown some - notice his pants, ahem.  Hopefully no one will notice and give him a hard time.  I'm having him wear blue pants underneath tomorrow so I hope that helps some. Alex wanted to be Pikachu from Pokemon.  We found the costume at a Halloween store that charged us a ridiculous amount for a very cheaply made costume with a hard plastic mask.  I decided to order the Pikachu hat he is wearing on Amazon and he is much happier and more comfortable now. 

Faye is Hermoine from Harry Potter. I've known for over a year that she would be Hermoine, but of course I waited until the 20th of October to start knitting her a Gryffindor scarf.  I'm not sure why I waited, but I had to knit like crazy to get this done.  I used this pattern with a few adjustments to make it smaller and it turned out really nice!  I bought 2 skeins of Autumn red and 1 skein of Sunshine yellow yarn for a total cost of around $10, with enough yellow left over to make the other Gryffindor scarf (which I just started).  It was quite a project to take on 10 days before Halloween, but I'm very happy with it.



Velvet is sticking with her bumblebee costume this year.  She loves getting her picture taken now.  I tell her where to sit, take her photo, and then she gets a treat.  She's got the hang of it now at 12 1/2 years old and will get in on the photos without me asking her - she'll do anything for a doggie cookie!


Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Eric Wettstein said...

Hank just decided 2 days ago to be Mario next year!