Sunday, September 23, 2012

Turning 8!!










Its hard to believe that in two days my twins will be 8 years old!  We celebrated their birthday today  with family. I made a Kirby cake for Drew and a Barbie cake for Faye. I could never begin to tell you how difficult it was to make the Barbie cake, but my mom and I were up until almost 2am trying to make it work.  I thought it would be really simple, but it turned out to be quite challenging.  In the end I think it turned out pretty well, although I don't know how it tasted (a little crunchy maybe?). I think they were both happy with their cakes though, so that is all that matters.

Of course I forgot to make sure my camera batteries were charged last night, so I didn't get any pictures of the kids blowing out candles or opening presents.  I was pretty bummed. I did take a few pictures of the cake last night, and the kids were willing to let me take some photos later in the evening.  They were on a little bit of a sugar high so they were quite silly:)  Thank you to everyone who came and made their birthday a great one!

No comments: