Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fancy Shower Cap





As my hair gets longer, I don't really have the time to wash and dry it every morning.  My hair is really thick and takes forever to dry, so a fancy shower cap is just what I needed! I found a great tutorial for making your own fancy shower cap here.  I love her version with the lace, but I wanted to try out the pattern and make sure it works before I wasted money on lace.  It only took me about 45 minutes to make, and it was really inexpensive.  I did buy satin, 'cause I wanted mine to be fancy, but I think you could use anything as long as you have a waterproof layer somewhere.  I found some thin plastic (that you would use to line a tablecloth) for $2.99/yd.  It was 60" wide, so I only had to buy half a yard and I can make 3! 

I have especially cute models, right?


Oh, Drew finally lost his top front tooth! 

No comments: