Friday, January 6, 2012

Strange weather

I don't know what is going on in central Illinois this winter, but I am loving this weather. It has been in the upper 50's the past two days, and the high for today is 58 degrees! The kids have played outside for hours at a time each day. The shoes are muddy, the coats and hats and gloves(when they've needed them) are a muddy mess, but they have had the best time, and I've had a few hours to get things done (washing the muddy things from the previous day).

Yesterday after school I told the kids they were playing outside, and Drew told me, "But Mom, its too hot!  I guess I'll have to have a Popsicle." Sure.


I managed to get a little yard work done the past few days as well. I've never been outside in January raking leaves and cleaning up the yard. The stores are not prepared for January clean up either, because I could not find any yard waste bags, and I checked 3 places. I also noticed that my irises are starting to come up, which I think could be a problem for them in the future. I can't ever remember such a strange January.



1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

I was thinking the same thing, but it cane stay this way :)