Friday, January 20, 2012

Faye's sweater

I finished my very first knit sweater! Supposedly I'm still supposed to block it, but who wants to mess around with that?  Maybe another day I'll try it and see how that works.



It is Jane's Oatmeal Pullover by Jane Richmond. A very simple pullover with 3/4 sleeves, it was a great beginner project, although my gauge is way off.  I initially started making the sweater for myself, but as you can see it is very small. But it was perfectly sized for a 7 year old, so I didn't have to scrap the project and start over. I did read comments about the pattern and the gauge is a problem for other knitters as well, so it is not my lack of knitting skills that is the problem here, well, at least for the most part.


Off to start my next project...

No comments: