Thursday, December 29, 2011

Short but sweet


We had a short Christmastime this year.  Normally Andy would have at least two weeks off of work, but since he just started a new job he actually has to be at work.  He was home for 3 days, then back to Chicago for work.  

The kids and I spent Christmas Eve making sugar cookies. I baked and frosted, and they decorated.  They did a really good job this year, because I told them once we were done we could eat some. They were very motivated to help. 

Christmas morning Santa brought Faye a new Harry Potter book. It was the very first thing she opened, and I think she could have cared less about opening any other presents.  She had READING to do(she is over half-way done in 2 days)!

I think Velvet was wondering why we were all up so early.  As much as she loves getting presents, she likes to sleep in.  Check out that yawn!

Legos (and of course Mario toys) for the boys...
A beautiful Barbie...

And a new camera for me! 

Andy gave me a Nikon D5100, which I used (Andy took a few of them) to take all these pictures. I have no idea what I am doing, but I've read more about photography in the past 5 days than I have in my life. Apertures, ISO, shutter speed, metering, white balance, depth of field, oh my! I didn't even realize how little I know about taking pictures, but I'm determined to figure this out. Give me about a year or so.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

WOW Faye sure is your little reading queen. That is so good on so many levels! A new camera for mom is awesome! Let me know how you like it. We need a new camera, ours is not working very well and we have NO clue what to get. Enjoy your new toy!