Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Candy wrappers

At dinner last night:

Me: Does anyone know anything about the candy wrappers under my bed?
Alex: Not me (immediately looking very guilty)
Kids: What candy wrappers?
Me: I found lots of empty candy wrappers under my bed when I was vacuuming.
Kids: It wasn't me.
Alex: Not me (still looking really guilty)
Me: Was it you Alex?
Alex: No.
Me: Well, who was it then?
Alex: Mmm. I don't know. Probably Velvet.
Drew: Alex, I know it was you, I saw you taking candy upstairs.
Alex: Drew, don't say that. I don't want mom to know it was me.
Kids: Alex!! (laughing hysterically)
Me: Alex, you know you shouldn't have done that.
Alex: I know mom, but it was so good!

I need to rethink this stocking advent calendar thing.  Way too tempting for a 3 year old!


No comments: