Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blue shirts

I love to re-purpose clothing and fabric.  I'm having a hard time taking any clothing, curtains, sheets, etc. to Goodwill, because as soon as I decide it needs to go, I think, oh, I could make something with that.  I have lots of could be somethings sitting around in boxes now, waiting to become something new. And with our upcoming move, I don't really need any extra boxes.

One of my favorite fabrics to re-purpose is men's dress shirts.  The fabric is soft from being worn and washed, and no matter the size, there is a lot of fabric in a long sleeved dress shirt. Previously Andy did not dress up for work, so I only had some goodwill shirts to work with. Andy's dad wears a blue shirt to work every day(I think), so I mentioned I'd be glad to take the worn out ones, and now I have some great fabric!

I made this stocking advent calendar for the kids with one of Grandpa's blue shirts and some clearance Christmas fabric.


I got the idea from a book or magazine I was browsing in the library. I thought it would be cute to put a little toy or chocolate in each day for the kids, but I had no idea it would be such a hit with the kids. First thing they do every morning is check to see what is in the stocking.  


1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, he does or some variation of blue. He says it makes it easier to get dressed in the morning.