Saturday, October 22, 2011

World geography

I love maps, so when I saw this panel at the fabric store it was an easy decision for me. I had no idea what I would do with it when I bought it, but then it occurred to me that I could make a very easy lap quilt/play quilt for the kids. What better way to teach the kids some geography than to cuddle under a world map?  


I machine quilted along the latitude and longitude lines, added a small border and made some matching bias, and it was done! Faye was thrilled when it was done and sat and named off countries for quite some time. Alex only wanted to know what the red parts were(red being his favorite color), and Drew just looked over at it, "eh", and went back to what he was doing. Maybe another day he'll actually look at the map.


No comments: