Monday, September 12, 2011

Dropping off

Dropping your kid off at preschool for the first time, after being with you almost 24/7 for 3 years, is unimaginably difficult.  If you haven't ever left your child in the care of someone else, there is no way to describe the feeling.  I know Alex's preschool teacher well. She was Faye and Drew's preschool teacher several years ago, and I know that she is wonderful.  Even knowing that this will be great for Alex and that he will be taken care of, it still makes it difficult to drop him off.  He told me over and over this morning, "I don't want to go to school. I don't want you to leave."

He did fine today, better than Friday even.  He sat on the rug with a sad little face when I told him goodbye, but he recovered.  He ate his snack today (Ms. Angie said last Friday he was so shy he sat under the table and wouldn't eat until the other kids were done), and they walked to the park for the first time today.  He LOVED walking to the park and told me all about it on the car ride home. I don't have any cute going off to preschool pictures since he refused and was carried to the car both mornings, but I do have some after school pictures.

After school today

After school on Friday
The second he walked in the door today he took off his shirt, socks and shoes, and the same thing last Friday. At least he hasn't stripped off all his clothes at preschool - yet.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Besides looking like his father, he is starting to do the same things! Andy used to take off everything but his shorts/jeans after school too.