Friday, September 30, 2011

9 hours

Now that Alex is in preschool 3 days a week, I'm left with 9 hours all to myself. Every week! This is the first time in over 7 years that I have actual free time all to myself. I was very nervous about leaving Alex at preschool for the first time, but I was also looking forward to having time away from the kids.

As it turns out, 9 hours is really not that much time, but I'll take what I get.  Honestly I think I need an extra couple hours each day to get everything done I want to get done, but obviously that isn't possible.  I had to give up on running this summer, there just was not time for me to run on a regular basis.

With my extra time, I drop Alex off at preschool and head to the YMCA.  The first week back I overdid it big time.  I think I ran 8 miles, and walked and biked several more.  It felt so good, running again, until Saturday morning.  My knees were so sore! I decided I should probably take it a bit slower at first, so I've been taking it easy the past two weeks. I can see how running gets very addictive. My legs feel great the days I run, and the days I don't run I'm missing it and looking forward to my next run.  I would love to get a 4th day in each week, maybe this winter, but for now I'm happy to get three days. This takes up about 3-4  hours of my free time by the time I work out and then shower, but it is worth it.

I still have days where I think about coming home and going back to bed after dropping off the kids(I really need to start getting to sleep before 1am), but so far I've been motivated to run.  I might be ready for the 10k or half marathon next spring!

Velvet being lazy

No comments: