Saturday, June 11, 2011

A cake a day?



From Have your cake and Vegan too! Can you tell the kids are excited to try the cake?



I recently purchased this recipe book(OK, I just got it on Thursday) from Amazon, and so far I've made 2 cakes, but I'm anxious to make more. Can I make a cake a day? Or is that just too much? Well, after this cake, I will have to wait awhile before I can eat any more cake. It is very sweet! Andy and Drew were able to finish their piece of cake, but it was just too sweet for me, Faye and Alex. It is a tuxedo cake, with butter cream frosting with chocolate cookie crumbs mixed in.

I love how pretty it looks on my cake platter! I found this footed cake platter after Christmas last year, along with a matching tree shaped dish, for around $8. It is the Mikasa Christmas Night design, but I figure I can use the cake platter anytime, because with the cake on there, you can't see the design anyways. Cake platters just make everything look so pretty!


The cake was pretty good, although the chocolate could have been a little bit more chocolate I think. Andy thought it appeared a little too light colored for chocolate cake, but I followed the directions exactly. If I ever make it again, I'll make the chocolate a little different. It's not really my type of cake, so its doubtful I'll make it again unless someone requests it. I prefer cakes I can eat without frosting, and that usually aren't chocolate. The first cake I made from this book was a lemon blueberry bundt cake, and it was delicious!

No comments: