Saturday, April 30, 2011

Youth Fun Run

Today after the last marathon runner crossed the finish line, Faye and Drew ran in the Youth Fun run. It was a 1k around Memorial Stadium, with a finish on the 50 yard line.

Originally I told the kids they would run alone, but after talking with another mom, I decided I should probably run with them, or with Faye at least. I was told it could be a little chaotic, and of course with that many kids, it was!

Lined up to run!
I figured if we got Drew up in the front of the line and told him to run to the finish, he'd be fine. He has so much energy - he could be an awesome long distance runner even now at age 6! Next year I think I'll have him run the 5k and I'll probably struggle to keep up with him.

Drew running to the finish line

video


Faye had a little bit of a rough start, walking and running at first. I think she was a little overwhelmed with all the kids and parents bumping into one another at the start. But I kept cheering her the whole way, and once we turned the first corner and I held her hand she ran the rest of the way to the finish! She did great!

Faye running to the finish line


video

They both got medals for completing the 1k!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

GOOD JOB Faye and Drew, I love your medals!