Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Travel

For the past several months I've been working on a rather difficult, or at least time consuming project, but I've finally finished!

My weekend travel bag!


I used the Amy Butler Weekender Travel Bag pattern. The pattern was easy to follow, although quite difficult to sew. I used a very heavy home decorator cotton for the outside and the lining, and Peltex, or Timtex, which is a heavy stabilizer, almost like cardboard, on the inside. It was really difficult to sew through all those layers, but my machine made it, although several times I thought it might be the end of it. I went through several sewing needles, having two actually break while sewing, which has never happened to me before!

My cute model!
But where to put my nice clothes, when we go on vacation? In a matching garment bag! The pattern for the garment bag was found in Anna Maria Horners book, Seams to Me.


I'm ready to travel!

1 comment:

Maggi said...

I love the fabric! I want some outdoor seat cushions with a similar fabric once I get my furniture. It's so cute.