Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring break

Spring break is almost over, only two more days, and I'm a little sad to see it go. I'm enjoying being lazy in the morning, not having to wake up and immediately get ready, pack lunches, and get the kids ready.

When the kids got out of school early last Thursday, I was trying to figure out what I would do with them all week. But as it turns out, it went very quickly and I feel like we were hardly home!

Meadowbrook Park

We hit the park first thing after lunch on Thursday. It was almost 70 degrees, but very windy. Several of the kids' friends from school also went to the park, where they spent over 2 hours chasing and running and playing. They were so tired they fell asleep on the way home - well, two of them did anyways.

Faye and Alex asleep after playing at the park

Friday morning we painted with watercolor paints and were just lazy around the house, then we made a trip to Toys R Us to pick up some play sand for the sandbox.

Faye painting with watercolors

Alex painting with watercolors - his favorite color is red

The kids found something they liked at the toy store...

What I want for my birthday...

Please Grandma!

They spent the rest of the day outside playing... which really wore somebody out!

sleeping on the floor under the table

Faye and I spent Saturday morning selling Girl Scout cookies. It was a little chilly, but at least it was sunny.

We met some friends at the park on Tuesday afternoon. It was a beautiful week for Spring Break! Also, Andy moved to a new office on Tuesday, so we went to see it Tuesday evening. Its not a huge office, but he has his first window EVER(technically he had a window in Minnesota, but he was in the sub-basement, so it didn't do him much good)!

Andy's new office

We went to Zorba's in Campustown for dinner that night, since it was Groovy Tuesday. It will be the last time we'll get to do that for awhile, as Wednesday morning Zorba's and several other businesses were involved in a major fire.

Wednesday I took the kids to Flanagan to see Oma, their Great Grandma. We had lunch and then went outside to play. She has this really large yard with lots of trees, so the kids kept busy picking up sticks. They had so much fun!

Faye sweeping the patio

When the kids were finally tired out, they got out their Game Boy's and showed them to Oma.
Drew showing Oma his Game Boy

I drove them over to Grandma and Grandpa's house Wednesday evening. Alex fell asleep on the way and slept until morning. He was one tired out little boy! They spent all day Thursday and Friday with Grandma and Grandpa, and had a great time!

We still have a few days left....not sure what our plans are, but we're doing something(just not early in the morning)!

No comments: