Sunday, March 20, 2011

Catching up

I'm trying to catch up on all my sewing projects I've been working on the past few months. I have a tendency to start something, then become distracted and start something else. If I had a place to keep all my sewing it maybe wouldn't be so terrible, but for now I sew at our dining room table, and our kitchen counter is where I keep my unfinished projects. I figure it will motivate me to finish quicker, since I don't like anything on our counter, but it really hasn't been the case. I still have a project I'm working on, that is almost finished, that I started back in January. I can never seem to find time to actually finish it though.

I was able to finish Faye's pony cozy this week, but only because I sort of gave up on coming up with a really neat design, and just did something easy. She was happy to have it finished. Her My Little Ponies are ready to travel!


Here is what distracted me this week - sewing a cover for our filing cabinet, which now became our nightstand...


I made fabric covered buttons that attach to the front panel, so when we need to use the file cabinet you can easily open it.

1 comment:

mrs. fisher's findings said...

Very cool! I remember you talking about this project when we were at B&N, so it's fun to see the final photo. Great job!