Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sewing Day

The kids spent the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house, giving us a nice relaxing weekend. It is great that we get this free time without the kids, we really do need time to ourselves. We truly appreciate it - so thank you Karen and Don!! With Faye and Drew in Kindergarten I am not with them all day anymore, but Alex is completely attached to me so it is rare for me to have any free time.

Some kid-free weekends Andy and I work the whole time, trying to fix things around the house, and other weekends we lay around watching movies, eating out, and relaxing. This was one of those relaxing weekends. Mmmm... I love these weekends! They are so rare at a house with 3 little ones. Andy spent the majority of his time on the computer and playing video games. He started playing an old Star Wars game he played many many years ago. I really don't know how old it is, but he first played it using a DOS computer, if that tells you anything.

I spent most of the day sewing, finishing up a few projects I've been working on for awhile, and starting a new one too. I saw this and knew I had to make some for the boys!

It's a cozy car caddy! It holds 6 cars, and when you're all done playing you can fold it up and it fastens with Velcro. I made a red one for Alex, using denim for the back and red canvas for the front, along with red, gray and yellow felt. He spent about 15 minutes this evening folding it up and fastening it, then unfolding it again. I didn't have time to finish Drew's car cozy, but it is ready for sewing! He told me several times tonight he couldn't wait until his was finished too - hopefully tomorrow I'll have time.

Alex's Cozy Car Caddy


Drew's Cozy Car Caddy ready for sewing

I'm also trying to make one for Faye, but instead of holding cars, it will hold My Little Pony's. Since the pony's are bigger, she'll only be able to have room for 3 or 4 pony's. I found some sparkly purple corduroy fabric with sequins. I haven't figured out what I will sew on it - a gray road doesn't seem quite right. Andy suggested a rainbow path. Any other suggestions?


2 comments:

ajw1980 said...

The game is TIE Fighter originally released in 1994 and generally considered one of the best Star Wars games ever. It works great in dosbox.

Stephanie said...

After 2+ years you left your very 1st comment! I knew writing something about Star Wars and the computer would get you to comment. Love ya!