Thursday, February 24, 2011

My latest obsession

I've started on another crafty adventure - knitting!

Skinny scarf - seed stitch

I think I must be crazy, because with all my other projects I have going right now, sewing, crochet, and running, not to mention my actual job of taking care of the kids, there is no way I have time for anything else. In fact, I really need to give up something so I don't always feel like I'm a day or two behind, but nope, instead I've added more things to do!

I first tried knitting back in college, and failed miserably. I later tried crochet and it was so simple to me, so I gave up on knitting. But after years of crochet, I figured I had to be able to figure this knitting thing out. So I picked up some needles a couple weeks ago and I sort of figured it out.

I decided to take a class last weekend at a local yarn store, Klose Knit and I learned some great and simple ways to cast on and also learned some new stitches. I was even able to teach everyone a new way to start a slip knot, and some of them have been knitting for 40 years!

My very first project was a sampler scarf. It is not the best, but I'll probably keep it forever so I can see just how bad it really is in the future. If you knit, you may be able to see some of the new stitches I learned here, the seed stitch, stripes, checker board, and seed stitch over 2 stitches. Fun!

Very 1st scarf




For both of these scarves I used Malabrigo Yarn, bulky weight. It is so soft and squishy, and comes in amazing colors!

No comments: