Saturday, January 8, 2011

What I've been working on

Here is what I've been working on this week - other than all the things from my last post (like installing/moving appliances). When things get really crazy I find myself starting lots of projects. Andy likes to tease me about it, but there could be worse things I could be doing, so he should get over it. Sorry for the poor pictures - most of them were taken after dark and we don't have good lighting in our house.

This project was so much fun and easy to make, and something I really needed too!


A place to put all my sewing needles!


I also made a matching cover for my sewing machine. Its only been a year or two that I've been thinking about it. Didn't take me long at all!


This is the Schoolhouse Tunic. It was very quick and simple to make, and I really like it, but it turned out just a little too big for me despite making the smallest size - no surprises there. I wore it with a belt and it fit a little better, but I think I will take it in so I can wear it without. I had just been washing dishes, so ignore the water spots if you can!

2 comments:

Maggi said...

Love that tunic! How difficult/easy was it to make?

Stephanie said...

It was very easy! The hardest part was finding a fabric that I liked and that was affordable (in case I messed up or didn't like it). It took me between 2-3 hours to complete(already had my fabric washed and cut), but I have a lot of distractions here too.