Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smashing Smock

This morning I decided to make the smashing smock from Anna Maria Horner's book, Seams to Me.  I pre-washed and cut my fabric several days ago, but I ran out of black thread, so I had to wait to put it together.  It was a really cold week and I wasn't too excited about dragging Alex around town, even for something I really wanted. But yesterday I was out and about, so I picked up the black thread(and a billion other things at the fabric store).


The book says the pattern is a size medium and I've never been a size medium. Sometimes even size small is too large for me. I followed the instructions to make the pattern smaller, and well, after sewing it all together it is way too small!  After reading some reviews online, I noticed that the pattern being small is a very common problem.  Why didn't I look online first and read some reviews? I was so disappointed that I wasted all that time and fabric for something that doesn't fit. I like it and it was so simple to make, so I'll try again and see if I can get the right fit. Hopefully I don't waste another morning!

No comments: