Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Party

Last day of school for the kids yesterday - and the winter party too! Chaos is the only way to describe a school party with 20 Kindergarten kids. Total chaos! But it was a lot of fun too - although I felt like I needed a nap or a drink when I got home. Maybe both. I went with the nap.

Here is the craft we made. The kids all did really well making these! Drew's is on the left, and Faye's is on the right. Anything with my kids hand-prints and I love it!


I made a bunch of gingerbread shaped sugar cookies, and we had the kids frost and decorate the cookies with candies. Some kids piled their cookies so high with candy it was unbelievable. We even limited the amount of candy each kid received by putting some candy into a cup for each kid. I think they must have put every single piece on their cookie. I've never seen anything like it!

Drew took his time and was really neat making his cookies - he didn't even have time to eat one of them he took so long, but he did a great job! I may have to put him to work decorating our sugar cookies this weekend.


I really didn't get much of a chance to see Faye's cookies - but I did get a shot of her eating them!


It also happened to be Ms. Curtis's last day teaching too. She was substitute teaching for Mrs. Peterson, who will return in January from maternity leave. I have to say she was one of the best substitute teachers! When school first started and I heard that my kids would have a substitute for the first part of the year, I was not thrilled. But she was great with the kids, super sweet, always calm even when dealing with difficult kids, and my kids really learned a lot! Thank you Ms. Curtis!



Unfortunately when I took this picture, Drew was upset because he couldn't find his gloves.


No comments: