Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!



We went to the Orpheum this morning and they had a count down to noon for the kids. Its not that I think our kids won't make it up until midnight, but Andy wanted to take the kids to something today. I'm sure they'll be up running around at midnight - staying up that late is no big deal in our house. We've been really good about having an 8pm bedtime since they started school, but before that, well, they stayed up late. Really late. They get that from me I'm sure, and there was no way I was putting the kids to bed at 7pm and having them up running around at 5am. I'm not going to be up then.

The Orpheum was packed. It was really crazy. I can't even imagine what Times Square must be like. There were probably a couple hundred people packed into this really tiny children's museum, it was so loud it was unbelievable, and it took 10 minutes to make it to the other side of the room. I'm not sure I'd ever want to be in Times Square on New Years Eve. It was a little scary being in the children's museum.



At noon they let down balloons on top of us, and then it was even crazier! Of course the kids loved it!


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Tiffany Yang said...

Hi Stephanie, Happy New Year ^,^
btw, did you buy that shark hat? it's cute!

Billie Jo Henson said...

Sounds like fun for the kids! I myself agree with you it would a little scary and crazy with that many people! Happy New Year!