Wednesday, December 29, 2010

1st attempt

Here is my 1st attempt at making vegan donuts. They turned out OK for my 1st attempt.  I overfilled a few and ended up with some muffin tops, but they taste great!


I've been wanting a donut pan for several years now.  When I tell people that we're vegan, everyone always asks me if I miss eating anything. Most of the time - no.  I never liked to eat meat, and the only dairy product I liked was cheese, and only in small amounts. But occasionally, there are things I would really love to eat and they are not vegan. The things I miss are usually things I shouldn't be eating anyways, like donuts, or rice krispy treats, or milk chocolate.  I've found vegan marshmallows, Dandies, so that is covered. I received two donut pans for Christmas (Yay!), so now I can have donuts any time I like! Tomorrow - chocolate covered donuts!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

Those look great! I remember in college you would buy the donuts in the box (frozen I think)....nuke em and they were very good. I have never seen them since, but I do remember how much you like donuts :)