Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Walk-A-Thon

Southside holds an annual Walk-A-Thon, where the kids raise money for the school's PTA and then they walk or run a 1K. The kids didn't really get the 'raising money' part, but Alex and I went this afternoon and watched them walk/run their 1K.

I knew Drew would have no problem doing the 1K, and I figured he would run more than that if he could. He was walking around the track until I yelled his name and he saw me, then he took off running as fast as he could. It was really cute! He did 4 laps around the track, and would have kept going, but the teacher was starting to gather the kids so they could move on to the snack and drink station.


Faye saw me before the kids made it to the track, so when she came around the corner she looked for me, and she stopped and posed for a photo.  Notice the boy behind her running full speed - he ran into her and almost knocked her down.


But they were both OK and Faye went on running around the track.


They are still accepting donations through the end of the week for the PTA, so let me know if you'd like to donate!
 

No comments: