Thursday, September 16, 2010

Success!!

Last night Alex slept in his bed all night! Success!! I woke up at 6:30 and I wasn't dragging myself out of bed. Woohoo!! I decided I'd had enough of him coming in my room and waking me up, rolling all over and kicking me in his sleep, so we had to change some things.

I thought that maybe he needed a bigger bed, so we gave him the extra twin bed. I made him some envelope Thomas pillows (removable cover so I can wash them easily), and we talked and talked about how he would go to bed and sleep in his big boy bed.

Thomas Pillow


I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but actually it went really smoothly. He went to bed the same time as Drew, and I sat on the bean bag chair in the corner of the room. He read some books, then got up and started playing a little. I let him go for a few minutes to see what he'd do, and when he didn't get back in bed, I told him it was time for bed and laid him back down. He got up again, and without saying anything I put him back in bed. He did this about 15 times at least, but eventually he stayed put and went to sleep. It took almost 2 hours, but there wasn't any crying or screaming, so it went much better than I expected. Hopefully tonight will be the same or even better!

Reading a book

1 comment:

mrs. fisher's findings said...

Way to go mom!!! Keep it up!! The two hours will slowly become 1 and then pretty soon, it's just be 15 minutes! :)