Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday's Project

Here's a picture of my project today....
















This project is from Seams to Me, a sewing book by Anna Maria Horner. I've been reading her blog for awhile now, and finally decided to buy her book. I love everything in the book, but I hadn't made anything until this morning.


This ball uses scraps of material, and I have a lot of that. It took forever to cut out all the pieces, but sewing them up went very quickly. I didn't worry about my seams being too perfect. The kids helped me stuff it with a bag of fiberfill. Yep, it took the whole bag! So my 'free' project turned into a $3 ball for the kids, but still, that isn't too horribly expensive. It is really quite large and the kids played all afternoon with it. Now they have each requested their own balls, pink and purple for Faye, and blue and white for Drew. Why did I have 3 kids? Making 3 of everything really eats into my time for other projects!

No comments: