Wednesday, August 18, 2010

more trips...

Andy is doing his best to wear us all out on what we are now calling our staycation. We made another trip to the Putt Putt Zone this afternoon. The Champster won of course, but I wasn't too far behind today. We planned it so Alex would be sleeping while we played our mini-golf and that worked out wonderful! Then we were off to Lake of the Woods in Mahomet.

It was a really warm and sunny day. We toured the botanical gardens first. Isn't this the best tree you've ever seen? I really would love to have this tree in my backyard.


















Alex found a pine cone on our nature walk... he was really pleased with himself.























Drew posing for a picture. I don't know what is with this kid lately, but he keeps asking me to take his picture. He used to run anytime I got the camera out. Now he poses and then yells, "Mom, take my picture!"






















Drew posing again. This one I love so much. He has a really somber face, standing on a big rock, with a Mario shirt on - it doesn't get any better than this!



There is also a tower with 6 flights of stairs here. You can climb to the top and there is supposedly a really nice view, but it was under repair. We were all a little disappointed, but we'll definitely be going back again.

No comments: