Monday, April 26, 2010

Smocked

The kids spent the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house, giving us a much needed rest. I've been fighting off a really nasty sinus infection for a week now - and I think I am finally starting to feel a little better. My head no longer feels as if it will explode, it just feels a little crummy. Hopefully I will get over it soon, as the antibiotic I'm taking also makes me feel crummy, and when I feel crummy I have no patience with the kids. Then I yell and feel guilty about it, so I feel even worse!

The break gave me some time to rest and time to finish some projects. I was able to finish a summer tied quilt I started about a month ago. It is really quite funky, but it is made with 100% cotton, with a cotton/bamboo batting, and it is really soft. It is definitely one of a kind!



I also started a smocked pillow on Saturday (and finished it this morning). I saw a picture for it and really liked it, and figured it would be easy to make. Wow, was I wrong! It is mostly hand sewn, and took a lot of time! I had no idea what I was doing when I started, so after about an hour of work I finally realized what it should look like, and had to go back and redo most of what I had already done. Once I got the hang of it though, it did go much quicker. It is far from perfect, but I really like it. I think I will try to make a few more when I get time (which means never probably).



Here is the side view. Isn't it pretty?

1 comment:

mrs. fisher's findings said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Yours looks fun too! I love your pillow! Where did you find that pattern?