Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keeping up

It was another beautiful day in Champaign today. This spring has been the best I can remember. 75 degrees and sunny every day, you just can't beat that. And thanks to Alex's lack of sleeping at night or afternoon naps (which really is a drag, I need some time away from him), he will nap in the morning on preschool days. As soon as he gets in his car seat after dropping the kids off, he is out. And I mean really out, so tired he doesn't even stir when I carry him in the house and plop him in the chair. So I actually have been able to get things done! Our house was cleaned, the laundry washed and even hung out to dry, and our garden is ready with a few things planted. A very productive day!



Alex is trying so hard to catch up and keep up with Faye and Drew. Sometimes he can do it, but when he can't he gets really upset and I feel so bad for the little guy. He was slow to start talking, but now he tries to repeat everything they say. His vocabulary has really exploded in the past month. He has started combining words now too, the first he said to me, or the first I understood was "hook up". He wanted me to hook up the USB cable to my camera (these kids know more about electronics than a lot of adults thanks to their father). He also loves to read books, so he will get a book and tell me "reem ook mom".

I did solve one problem for him this morning though. We stopped at the store to pick up a few things, and I saw this swim suit with the built in flotation, so I figured we'd give it a try. I've seen them before and considered getting them when Faye and Drew were little, but well, they just look weird to me. We made it to the pool after lunch, and after a little bit of practice Alex was swimming on his own! I still have to stand right beside him in case he tips himself over, but he loves the freedom.



We're going back to the pool tomorrow with Andy, he has to take a furlough day, so hopefully we can get a video of him swimming.

No comments: