Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter egg hunt

Alex had his 1st real Easter egg hunt last night. The YMCA was hosting an egg hunt, so we thought it might be something fun to do with the kids. The kids were out in the van waiting for me for at least 15 minutes before we had to leave. I usually plan on at least 30 minutes to get all the kids ready to leave the house, but when it is something they want to do - it literally takes 5 minutes. I've never seen the kids move so quickly!! I should always bribe them with something wonderful and save myself the hassle!

Finally time to start. They told us there were over 1500 eggs hidden, and only over 20 kids arrived to participate. Huh? I really was expecting a lot more kids or a lot less eggs. The kids were off, but mine, not so much. I think they are still really confused about the whole thing. They stop and open it up, see what is inside, and then mosey on to see if they can find anymore. At one point in time over half-way through, Drew caught up with me and Alex and had only one egg. ONE! Alex even had 5 or 6 eggs. I'm not sure what happened, but he eventually found a few and they were all thrilled. Some kids had garbage bags full of them, but hey I don' t really want to eat all that candy and the kids are definitely not eating it, so all is well.

video

No comments: