Monday, February 1, 2010

Kindergarten

It is hard to believe but it is almost time to register my twins for Kindergarten! I toured two grade schools today, and I will tour a few more in the next two weeks. Then in March we have to pick our top three choices and enroll the kids. We won't find out until May which school they will be attending. As I was touring one school today, they showed us the 5th grade classroom - and it dawned on me that in just a few more short years these would be my kids! They looked so big and old! I nearly lost it right there, but thought the principal and other parents would really think I was crazy if I started bawling on a school tour, so I managed to hold it together.

It seems like just yesterday they were little cuddly babies. There were some long and stressful days in there, but those were quickly forgotten...by me at least, Andy has a much better memory. I'm really thankful that I don't have a better memory, or that somehow I've chosen to forget those terribly difficult moments and only remember the good ones. Here are a few of my favorite pictures of them as babies.

The 1st two photos were taken just a few weeks after they came home from the hospital.






Drew was probably around 4 months old here. I had just received these adorable Gymboree clothes from my Aunt Kathy, so I of course had to put them on and take a bunch of photos. I just love his chubby cheeks!



And Faye, well, she must have been over 4 months old here. She always wanted to see what was going on, even if she was falling over tired. She would sit in the Bumbo and watch us until finally she would just be sound asleep. We laughed so hard at this - I do remember that!



I liked both schools I toured, and they are both within 1.5 miles, so now we have to decide which we like better. The 1st school we visited is the smallest school out of the 11 schools in the district, and also has a later start time at 8:35am. It has around 280 kids grades K-5th grade. That may seem like a small school to some, but where Andy and I went to school, there were probably not 280 kids in K-12th grade. The second school I visited has nearly 450 students and starts at 7:35am. Really really early for us! It is about half the size of the town I grew up in, but it also has a lot more opportunities, so we have a lot to consider! And I have at least 2 more schools to tour! I'll be glad when this part is over!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Wow, I can't believe the effort involved in choosing schools! Can you switch at a later date?

The pictures of Drew and Faye as babies are unbelievable...I'm starting to tear up now with you!