Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!



Happy New Year everybody!!

Everyone here made it till midnight last night except Alex. He fell asleep about 10:30 - maybe next year he'll make it. It was no problem for the other kids. They stay up that late or nearly that late quite frequently. Especially this past week. They are on winter break from preschool and Andy has been off for almost two weeks. I think the earliest they've been in bed all week is 10pm, but the earliest we've been up all week is 9am. I can live with that. I don't mind sleeping in :) The kids had a lot of fun last night. They got to stay up and play Wii games. They played Lego Star Wars for awhile, then we all played the new Super Mario game.

At midnight the kids had chocolate cake - really exciting for them! The cake was really something - 'Richer than Fort Knox!' It is a vegan chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding with a chocolate candy coating topped with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Don't ask how many calories per serving - you don't want to know. Let's just say my skinny jeans are not going to fit anymore! I'll only be making this cake about once every decade... maybe.



Today Alex is going on his first overnight trip to Grandma and Grandpa's without mommy or daddy. He was so excited this morning. We brought down his suitcase and he pulled it by the door and couldn't wait to put on his snow boots. We asked him if he was ready and he shook his head yes. I'm not sure I'm ready for him to grow up so fast- but I know he's in good hands.



No comments: