Friday, December 18, 2009

Its Holiday Time!!



It's one week to Christmas and I am ready! Well, we have a few more presents to buy, but are otherwise ready for Christmas! The tree is up and the presents are wrapped. We put up our outside lights. I baked cookies and even managed to give some to the neighbors this year. I LOVE sugar cookies. They are my favorite and I will eat them till I have an upset stomach. It is just one of those things I have no control over. I used to make them so often that I could have a double batch rolled out and baked in 30 minutes if I had enough ovens and baking sheets. But I try to limit my baking them to big holidays like Easter, July 4th, Halloween, and Christmas. I made a double batch last weekend, thinking I would put some in the freezer so we'd have some for Santa, but nope, they are gone already (less than a week). I should have known better - I do that every year, and if any do actually make it in the freezer, I sneak them out and before long they are gone too! So I will be baking more this weekend I hope. I got a new cookie cutter this year which has 3 designs you can stamp on them, which I thought was the coolest thing! Then I piped on the icing - Andy thought I was crazy, but then he usually does. The kids loved them, especially the snowman.



OK, so he's not perfect, but I really don't have time to put that much work into sugar cookies just to eat them all in 3 days. I love this time of year - nothing better than sugar cookies!!

No comments: