Monday, November 9, 2009

Magical veggie loaf?

Ever heard of a magical veggie loaf? I made one for dinner, and it seemed to disappear quickly with my kids, so it was magical here. I normally make a lentil loaf (vegan version of a meat loaf) once or twice a month, but I have been getting tired of it. I like to try new things, whereas Andy and the kids could eat the same thing over and over. I did a search today and found this link:


You just select the ingredients you have or want and it tells you how much of each ingredient you need to make a magical veggie loaf. Could be scary as you don't really know what it will turn out like, but I figured why not try it? I decided to use tofu, whole wheat bread crumbs, and pecans as the main ingredients, with sauteed onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. I through in some spices and it amazingly enough turned out great! The kids topped theirs with ketchup and gobbled it up. Truly Magical!

No comments: