Monday, October 19, 2009

A difficult week, but some fun too

Our little guy is teething and it is really bothering him. He's been working on getting his first 4 molars for a few weeks now, but the past week it has really been bothering him. He has been refusing to eat, nap and sleep, so it is making life a little difficult for all of us. I've been giving him Tylenol at night, which seems to help a little, but then he wakes up a few hours later screaming again. One night he was awake at least every hour if not more. Awww... I feel so bad for the little guy. Andy got up with him one night and gave him some more Tylenol, but I hate to give him too much. We can't drug him all day for a month or more. He was miserable Sunday night and wouldn't stop screaming, so we also bought some Orajel and he finally was able to take a nap about 5pm. I hate teething! It is so cute when they get their first little teeth, but it is so hard on them I hate to see him in pain. Hopefully soon his molars will be in and he'll have a break from teething for awhile!

I took all the kids swimming with me on Saturday afternoon. It's great now that Faye and Drew can swim on their own. Alex loves swimming as much if not more than Faye. He doesn't mind going completely under water and he already knows how to blow bubbles. He has no fear, which is a little scary for me. He wants to climb out of the pool and jump back in, and he doesn't care if anyone is there to catch him. When I take him out to the middle of the pool, he will actually swim as hard as he can to get back to the side of the pool so he can climb up and jump again. I did let go of him once and he went under a little, but he was actually swimming and he didn't seem to mind at all. He just comes back up smiling like crazy and having so much fun. He has learned to close his mouth most of the time so he doesn't swallow too much water. Wow... our newest little swimmer! He may be ready for the mommy and me swim lessons!!

No comments: