Thursday, July 16, 2009

Check-up

I took Alex to his 1 year well baby checkup this week. He weighed in at 20lb 15 oz, which to me seems like a lot, but he is only in the 20th percentile for his weight. He was 30 1/2 inches tall, which puts him close to the 70th percentile for height, and I don't remember how big his head was, but it also measured in or close to the 70th percentile. So yes he is a tall and skinny baby with a big head, but I knew that before we went.

He received 3 vaccines, one for Hepatitis A, one for Chicken Pox, and one for Pneumococcal I believe. The nurse always administers the vaccines after we see the doctor - and of course Alex is just smiling away happy as can be as the nurse walks into the room, which makes it harder on the nurse to give the shots. But she does, first one and then another in the same leg, and nope, no crying. But he really started giving her a look. Then she did the 3rd shot in the next leg and still he didn't cry, but I could tell he was really really ticked at her. I picked him up and he just stared and stared at the nurse, giving her really dirty looks. He refused to smile or wave goodbye, but well I can't really blame him for that. I'm sure it did hurt. But it was so funny too - I've never seen him so angry at someone before.

No comments: