Thursday, July 9, 2009

30

I realize I have not been very good about blogging lately. Well, my excuse is that I've been busy. Busy with 3 kids and swim lessons and preschool and summer. Trying to enjoy every second of summer before the awful winter is here again! Can you tell that I am not a fan of winter? I love love love warm weather, the warmer the better for me. I won't hardly dip my toe in the outdoor pool unless the temperature outside is at least 90 degrees, or I'd freeze. Seriously. And I hate air conditioning. Why is it that in winter everyone runs their heat to keep it warm, and then as soon as it is warm the AC is turned on and it is freezing? (not to mention that is a terrible waste of energy). I shop as quickly as I can in the summer, and only eat at restaurants that have outdoor seating as much as possible, or I freeze. Andy and I went out a few nights ago for dinner, and I had to wear long pants and a sweatshirt and I was still cold and shivering. Something is wrong with that!!

I've also been busy having a birthday party for Alex who turned one last week. He had a good party and was very tired out! Thanks to everyone for the birthday cards and money and presents he received! I celebrated my 30th this week, and Andy will also turn 30 tomorrow. Andy thinks it is hilarious that I am 30 and he is still only 29. It doesn't matter to him that it is only 3 days between our birthdays. He has been rubbing it in over and over that I am old and he is so young. Thanks honey. Tomorrow you will be 'old' too. But the one good thing about being 3 days older is that means I get to make all the big decisions since I am the oldest, right? I'm certain that is how it works.

When we were in our early 20's, 30 of course sounded so old. But now that it is here, it really doesn't seem that bad! I don't know if I look or act 30, but I certainly don't feel any different than I did 5 years ago. A little wiser maybe? Hopefully. I think my 30's may be the best decade yet. I know more about myself and what I like now, and I don't care as much what people think about me (yes, I'm a tofu loving, tree hugger, eco freak, or becoming so more and more each day:). The kids will be starting school and becoming teenagers and wow... lots of unknowns in the next 10 years, but it will be so much fun to watch them grow up! I will hopefully start a career in the next few years, probably in accounting, so I am excited about that too!

No comments: