Friday, June 19, 2009

Biker baby

Andy got me a 'new' bike yesterday, since he's been using my red Schwinn I got in college to bike the kids around. It is definitely a cruiser bike. By that I mean in no way could you even think about riding it fast, but that is the last thing I want to do. I like to ride very leisurely. So it probably fits me well. It is a 1969 English Robin Hood. It is shiny gold with a white leather seat and white handlebars. It is very hard to believe that it is 40 years old, as it is in great shape with only a few scratches to the paint and almost all original parts (I think). It also has a generator light, but I don't think that will get much use as I don't frequently ride at night.



We bought it from a guy Andy knows in Urbana who sells and fixes up bikes near campus. I had never met this guy, but somehow I felt as if I had met him before. Andy figured it was because it reminded me of Peoria. Yep - it was a College Street experience. Just a different street near a different college, but still strange. For those of you who don't know - Andy and my brother used to live on College Street near Bradley,when Andy and I first dated and my brother attended Bradley, and it was quite a street. I don't know if there is any way to describe it.

We searched the stores and found this front bike seat for Alex. It is supposed to be a little safer having the baby in the front, although the straps did keep sliding down his shoulders as I was riding. I think he is still a little young so he'll grow into it some. I love the helmet, but he was not real excited about it. That is also a little big as you can see it sliding down over his eyes, but it was the smallest I could find and looks so cute.



No comments: