Friday, May 29, 2009

Picture day

I finally got the kids to the portrait studio to get pictures on Tuesday evening. It was long long overdue, as their last photo was the previous Easter. It's not that it is too expensive or we don't have time to get them there more often - it is just a lot of work and very stressful. Alex is still easy - he will sit and let us get his photo. But the twins are a different story. Last year was horrible, which is probably the main reason I have waited so long. Drew would not get his photo taken, by himself or with Faye. He pouted almost the whole time. I think we were there over an hour trying to get the two of them to sit together or by themselves.

It is amazing what a year will do. I bribed the kids with a chocolate covered pretzel and playing Wii games if they listened to the photographer. They stepped right up, did everything she asked, and we were done in less than 20 minutes!! They aren't the greatest pictures, but I think they are cute. Faye did some weird eye squinting, and when I asked her why, it was simply, "because." Drew still does not smile and he tells me he doesn't know how. I think he is being serious too.

Click here to see their new photos.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Those turned out adorable! Faye may totally have a career in modeling!!! I love the one with the 3 kids on their elbows...so fun! Next year you will have to bribe them to smile :)

Billie Jo Henson said...

I am so glad it went well! They are all so cute and I love the one of the 3 of them on the ground! WOW they are growing up so fast.