Monday, May 4, 2009

First Tantrum

I couldn't believe my eyes the first time Drew through a tantrum when he was a baby. I believe he was around 11 - 12 months old. I was shocked really. I thought that was what kids did in their terrible twos! Nope, not mine anyways. Faye was not far behind him. Wow, did I have a lot to learn. While their tantrums have mostly stopped, Alex is just beginning his.

I took all the kids to the library on Friday morning. We had a good time, looking at books, reading some, playing with the toys and puppets, etc. Then it was time to leave. Alex has just learned to walk and wanted to walk out pushing the stroller. He is just the right size to hold on to the basket under the stroller and push it. We got to the checkout and he did not want to stop. I put the brakes on the stroller and he was not happy. He pushed and pushed as hard as he could, and realizing it was going nowhere, started screaming and threw himself on the floor. He continued to do this until we were checked out. It of course happened to be the day I did not have my library card with me (Andy had borrowed it and still had it), and the kids had picked out a lot of books. The librarian was very kind and quickly looked up my name and checked the books out for me.

One tantrum down, 500 more to go!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Good Luck, better keep some tylenol with you to fight those headaches you will receive from the screaming.

Billie Jo Henson said...

OH wow, this is what I have to look fwd. to and I bet you cant wait to witness it first hand!
What did the twins think of him doing that?