Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Busy Week!

We had a busy week here! Tuesday the kids had a park party at Eisner park with their preschool class. They had a great time and it was really cute to see all the kids talking to each other and playing together. They had their last day of school on Thursday. I told the kids a few times it would be their last day until next year, but I don't think they got it until we were home Thursday afternoon. The teachers sent home their name tags that were on their cubbies at school, and the kids couldn't figure out why they were at home now. Once I explained again that school was out until the fall, and then they would have a new teacher, they both looked and me and said, "oh!" I think they got it finally!!




We went to touch a truck on Wednesday after gym time at the YMCA. Drew spent most of the time with his hands over his ears. It was loud - the police car and fire truck sirens were going, and the semi's were honking their horns, but Alex managed to sleep through all the noise. Drew loved the monster truck. He has been playing Exite Truck and Exite Bots on our Wii, so the monster truck was a big hit! I played Exite Bots with him the other night, and he is really really good. He beat me 2 out of 3 times we played. It is the one thing we've found that he truly loves - video games. He will sit and play as long as we'll let him, and he is not one for sitting down long! It is really all he thinks about I think, and he tells me all day long about which buttons to push to do this or that in all the games he plays. It is really amazing to watch him play these games. He concentrates so hard. I've never seen him do that with anything else, so maybe it is a good thing. Do they have video game competitions for 4 year olds?

We went to the park on Friday. Alex had his 1st official wagon ride, and he loved it. Even more though he loves Faye and Drew's Sigg water bottles. I was going to get one for his birthday, but he may get an early present. Drew and Faye took turns riding with Alex, and Drew even pulled the wagon for quite awhile.



The kids played in the tree most of the morning. Drew came away with one thumb injury - scraped it on the tree, and Faye got stuck in the tree 3 times and came home with a ripped skirt. I hadn't realized she was stuck at all. I told her it was time to leave and I put Alex in the wagon, and Drew jumped in, and she was still messing around in the tree, so I finally realized she was stuck. She didn't seem to mind at all, but her skirt did.

No comments: