Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Potty Words

Everyday it seems like the kids learn something new, or change in some way. We've been through hundreds of different stages with them over the last 4 1/2 years. Now comes the potty words stage. Over the past few weeks, they will say what they call potty words, like poopy or butt or wiener, then giggle uncontrollably for a few minutes, then say them again. Of course they have each other to impress, so I think that makes it even more fun for them.

Yesterday I took them to the indoor playground, and on the way home, they made up a new song. Head and shoulders, knees and butt. Head and shoulders, knees and poopy. Etc. Then they would giggle and start over again. All the way home. And it is not a short trip home. Needless to say I was very very ready to get out of our van. So far I've just been trying to ignore it and hope this passes soon!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

Oh boy! I would have been laughing so hard I would have been crying and not able to hide it. If I am there and they do this I will have to run to another room! Im sure the potty words will get worse, but they will learn quickly not to say them. I remember Brittany doing this, most of the time in her room when she thought we were not listening!