Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Little Swimmers!

Faye and Drew started their first swim lessons on Monday. I tried taking them last summer, but things did not go well then. Faye loved swimming, but Drew was very leery. The first day Faye jumped right in and had fun, while Drew sat on the deck with me and Alex. But the second day she wouldn't get in the pool either since Drew wouldn't. Their teacher was a high school student and she did not know how to deal with them. UGH!! Alex was just a few weeks old and I did not have the energy to deal with it, so I cancelled.

Monday however went great!! We are now members of the YMCA so we get a discount for all the classes they offer. They have a ton of options and great teachers with small classes. There are only six kids in their class, and two of them they know from the gym we go to on Wednesday morning. They are also boy/girl twins who are 3, so it works out great!! Their teacher introduced herself, then basically just grabbed all the kids and took them to the pool. Drew turned around and with a terrified look yelled, "Mommy!" She distracted him with picking the color of noodle he wanted, and he was fine. I waved and went to the balcony to watch with the other parents.

They LOVED their swim lessons! They didn't see me for awhile, but when the other kids looked up and waved at their parents, they looked up too and saw me. After everything they did with the teacher, they had to look up and yell to see if I had seen what they did. They have been super excited since then and are now really looking forward to going again. Yeah!! We may have little swimmers soon!!

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

YAY! I am so glad they both love swimming this year! I can't wait to see them and ask them to tell me everything they are learning!