Monday, April 27, 2009

Baby steps and favorite things

Alex took about 10 little baby steps after lunch today. I took him out of his high chair and set him on his feet and off he went. He was determined to catch up with Drew and Faye who had already finished lunch and we're playing in another room. I can't believe it!! I just can't believe it!! He is much too young, and well, I'm just not ready for this. He's our last baby and I just want him to stay a baby. However, I don't think that is going to happen. He is in a hurry to grow up so he can do the same things Drew and Faye are doing.

His favorite things right now are climbing up the stairs, trying to figure out how to go back down the stairs, playing in the dog water, giving zerberts, playing with/eating the toilet paper roll in the bathroom, and doing whatever it is his big brother and sister are doing. He is very proficient at climbing up the stairs, but he just has no idea what to do when it comes to going down the stairs. We have installed gates at both the top and bottom so he can only climb when we are with him and helping. Sometimes he will try to go head first down the stairs, while other times he stands up first, but then sits again, then stands, etc. He's a little nervous about it and so am I, so hopefully he'll get it out of his system soon and not try again till he is much older.

No comments: