Saturday, April 11, 2009

10 years!!

Andy and I have now officially been together for 10 years. Wow! It is really hard to believe we've spent a whole decade together already!! Best (and strangest) 10 years of my life!!! I love you honey!!

We had our very first date on April 10th, 1999. It was actually Andy's brothers wedding and he emailed me and asked me to go with him. The weekend before our first date was Easter and I happened to be home from college. It also happened to be the weekend we changed the clocks. My parents informed me that Andy was coming over that Saturday morning to bring them a computer. OK - I was going to be out of the house before he got there. I knew what would happen if I saw him again. We hadn't seen each other since we graduated high school - but we had started talking again. I emailed him back in October to see if he wanted to go trick or treating with me again (We went trick or treating together when we were seniors in high school. We never dated in high school - but there was always something there - since kindergarten I think. We sat by each other in all our classes, and spent quite a bit of time together for not really being friends either).

By the time we saw each other in April, we were probably emailing each other at least 4 times a day. It was a little crazy. He changed his clock that Easter weekend, but a day early so he showed up an hour early at my parents house and yep, I was still there. I knew right then I was totally in love with him and that was it for me!!

Our 1st date (and first kiss) of course went well. He came to see me at college the next weekend where we then decided after I got back from France that fall he'd move in with me and go to college with me, then we'd get married. Yes - we really did and I know it was crazy for a second date!! So even though we've only been married for 7 years, it might as well be 10 because there was no doubt there for either of us!!

3 comments:

Jon said...

That's a really neat story, Stephanie. Congrats on the ten years.

Bri said...

Congratulations, Steph!! It's been 12 years for me and Greg and it seems like the time has flown by.

I hope you had a great anniversary together!

Karen said...

I knew when I visited your classrooms in grade school that Andy had a crush on the little girl with the long brown hair!