Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Uno

I finally bought the game Uno for the kids a few days ago. I've been meaning to get this game for a long time. Even back when I worked at Horizon Hobby Jon and Josh were always wanting to play Uno when we worked on Saturday mornings (yes, we were bored to death waiting for the phone to ring some days).

I ended up buying the My First Uno game for the kids. It doesn't have the draw 4 or reverse cards, but it does have Wild and Draw 2. Once the kids learned how to play, they loved it. We played the other night with Andy, and it was the most fun I've ever had playing Uno. The kids were out to get Andy. Andy had one card left, and I explained to Drew that he could play his Wild card and change the color so Andy wouldn't win, and he just giggled with delight and played his Wild. Of course Andy had kept a Wild in his hand and still won the game, but the kids wanted to try again and again to beat him. Any time they would play a Draw 2 or Wild, they would giggle hysterically. I really wish we had the video camera rolling for this. It was something to see!!

Drew is a bit of a cheater, so we really have to watch him, especially when dealing the cards. The kids pick up and look at each card as they are dealing them, and we've told them over and over that is not the right thing to do. If we are not paying attention and Drew is dealing, he looks at the cards and if it is a good one (wild/draw 2), it somehow makes it into his hand.

1 comment:

Jon said...

UNO: I read the subject and the first thing I thought of was how we were always trying to get you to buy a deck and then you brought it up in your blog and I just laughed and laughed. So funny. Good to hear that your foot is healing. It might take a while but it will get there. Oh yeah Josh's 30th birthday is the 16th. Just thought i'd tell you. Take care.